Thursday, May 5, 2016

Found Poem

And although in the end everyone believed that Pobby and Dingan had really lived and were really dead, nobody at the Ridge could quite believe the funeral of Kellyanne Williamson was actually happening. And I, Ashmol, still can’t believe that it did. I just can’t. I can’t believe it at all. Even now, one year later, it feels like she’s still totally alive. And I find myself lying awake talking to her all the time. And I talk to her at school and when I am walking down Opal Street, and Humph and I when we are out at the Moozeum talk to her together, and you will still see today if you go to Lightning Ridge people pause in the middle of doing whatever they are doing to stop and talk to Kellyanne Williamson just as they still pause to talk to Pobby and Dingan and to opal in their dreams. And the rest of the world thinks we are all total nutters, but they can go and talk to their backsides for all I care. Because they are all just fruit loops who don’t know what it is to believe in something which is hard to see, or to keep looking for something which is totally hard to find.

From Pobby And Dingan, P1104. Author: Ben Rice

Everyone believed
Pobby and Dingan lived.
But nobody believed
The funeral of Kellyanne happened.

I, Ashmol, can not believed it did.
I can not believed it all the time.
One year later, it fells like she still lived.
I find myself taking to her all the time.

I talked with her everywhere,
in school, Opal Street, Humph and Moozeum.
All the people do this in Lightning Ridge,
like they talked to Pobby and Dingan in their dream.

The rest of the world thinks we are all nutters,
but they can talk to their backsliders of all I care.
Because they are just don't know what it is to believe, which is hard to see
or to keep looking for something which is totally hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment