Sunday, November 15, 2015

Review: Peter Pan

Rujian, Zhou
11/15/2015
Mrs. Guarino
English II
A Beautiful Night With An Amazing Show
At the last Friday night, I went to watch a drama Peter Pan which was produced by my own school members. It was my first time to see my classmate and friends representing a drama ever, so I felt very excited about it.
The drama was about Peter Pan who is a boy that never wanted to grow up. One day, he met Wendy when he was finding his shadow. Wendy was a very nice girl and helped him fix his shadow. Then Peter invited Wendy and her little brothers to go to Neverland, where Peter lived with other boys. Then Wendy began her adventure, which she lived with the lost boys, caught by pirate captain Hook, saved by Peter and Peter promised her to visit her once a year at the end.
After all, it was a show gave me so much surprise that I could not think other things. I was completed shock when I saw John, who is my beat friend and also cast Mr.Darling and Curly in the show. I could not control myself from laughing when I saw John wore the golden wig with a very classical suit. It gave me a complete different image of John, it was a magical experience that saw the people around you acting in a show. Beside John, I saw Erin who cast Peter Pan and David who casted Slightly. They are both in the same history class with me. I felt so proud of their acting.
At the main time, I was impressive by all of the crews and casts. This drama showed all of their hard work. It is very hard to produce such a drama in our school’s black box. There were many scene changes in Peter Pan, which is hard to represented in the play. But at the show, they showed the changes by replacing the decorations, adding small items and light effect. Also, it was very smart to use a green laser light to represent the fairy Tinker in the show. I could feel that many people put their efforts in the show, and they tried to make the show the best they can.
Beside this, I knew that a show depends on not only casts but also its crews. At the last, I saw the student directors who wore earphones on the stage. I did not know what they did for the show very well, but I realized that not only the actors paid out for the show.
When I left the black box, I saw many audiences huge, took selfie and congratulated the casts and crews of the drama. Everyone was celebrating about the success of the show. It was an excellent show, and I wanted to think all the members of the drama for their efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment